Tonkawa District Pinewood Derby
FRIDAY – FRIDAY – FRIDAY
Friday Evening, March 31, 2O17
Please note: the Pinewood Derby Rules & Procedure have been modified as of February 14, 2015
Registration and Weigh-in starts at 6:30 PM
Races start at 7:15 PM
LDS Church in Greenville
All Tonkawa District Cub Scouts are welcome. Also, we encourage you to recruit a friend. If you have a friend who is not a Cub Scout, contact District Executive Forrest Hallstrom to pick up a pinewood derby car kit and Scout Application. They can participate in the pinewood derby race with a completed application.
Trophies Awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, Best Design and Best Paint
Please note: the Pinewood Derby Rules & Procedure
have been modified as of February 14, 2015
All cars must pass the following inspection to qualify for the race:
- Width shall not exceed 2-3/4 inches.
- Length shall not exceed 7 inches.
- Height shall not exceed 3-1/2 inches.
- Distance from the bottom of the wheels to the lowest point on the body shall be no less than 3/8 inches.
- lnside distance between wheels shall be no less than 1-3/4 inches.
- Weight shall not exceed 5 ounces.
- Axles, wheels, and body shall be from the materials provided in the kit.
- Wheel bearings, washers, and bushings are prohibited.
- No lubricating oil may be used. Axles may be lubricated with powdered graphite or silicone.
- The car shall not ride on any kind of spring.
- The car must be free-wheeling, with no starting devices.
- No loose materials of any kind are allowed in the car.
A scale and measuring box shall be used
at race check-in to verify all criteria
Contact Forrest Hallstrom 214-682-5457 or Tim Adams 903-456-0047
- District Pinewood Derby Inspection Sheet & Registration Form
- Tonkawa District Pinewood Derby Rules – Revised
- District Pinewood Derby Den/Pack Roster (present at sign-in)