5309 Utah Street
Greenville, TX 75402
You need to have a filled out blue card as your ticket to your merit badge class. Give your card to your counselor and your counselor will give your card to Dr. Duncan. After recording your card he will give the blue cards of each troop to a troop representative.
Environmental science, Geology, Electronics, Electricity, Citizenship in the World, Computers
Lunch $5.00 will be collected at registration if you want pizza
(pepperoni or cheese) and a drink for lunch
Digital Technology, Radio, Environmental Science, Mining in Society, Citizenship in the Nation
Prerequisites: (these requirements must be done before October18, 2014 if You want to complete the merit badge that day. If not completed, then a partial will be given and you can complete the merit badge in the future up to your 18th Birthday)
#4: choose two outdoor study areas that are very different from one another. Mark off a plot of four square yards in each study area and count the number of species in each area. Write a report.
you will be building a small noise maker circuit and the cost
for that is Five dollars
Citizenship in the World:
#7 do two of the following and share with your counselor what you have learned:
- Visit website of a foreign government.
- Find a news story involving human rights
- Visit with a student or scout from another country
- Attend a world scout jamboree
- Participate in an international event in your area e.g.
- Visit US State Dept website and learn about an issue.
Citizenship in the Nation
#2 Do two of the following
- Visit a National Historic Landmark
- Tour a Capitol building
- Tour a federal facility
- Learn about a National Monument
#3 watch Nat’l news 5 days in a row choose an issue that affects you
#8 write a letter to your congressman about a national issue then show a copy of your letter and any response to your counselor.
#1 show your current up to date cyber chip which is earned online.
#7 Do one of the following:
- Look at the requirement
#9 bring one of the following:
- 50 foreign coins from at least 10 countries
- 20 bank notes from at least five countries
- 15 different tokens or medals
- A date set of pennies from the year of your birth until 2014
#5 design a new game
- write out the rules
- make a prototype of your game
- play the game you designed.
# 2 complete an electrical home safety inspection of your home using the checklist on the worksheet which can be found online.
#9 read an electric meter and, using your family’s electric bill, determine the energy cost from the meter readings