Dear Unit Leader,
One of our Chapter’s Goal is to visit every Boy Scout Unit in the District to do a Camp Promotion visit and a Unit OA Election this year. These can be done at the same meeting.
The Order of the Arrow is Scouting’s National Honor Society. It recognizes those who best exemplify the Scout Oath and Law in their daily lives and, through that recognition, cause others to conduct themselves in such a way that warrants similar recognition, to promote camping, to develop leaders, and to crystallize the Scout habit of helpfulness into a life purpose of leadership in cheerful service to others.
Each Boy Scout troop or Varsity Scout team with qualified Scouts is urged to hold an election not later than March 31th, to select candidates. You can read about the Youth & Adult qualifications online at the District Website at http://tonkawadistrict.org/oa-membership-levels .
- Contact the Chapter Vice Chief of Inductions to schedule a time that the Chapter’s OA Unit Election Team or Chapter Office can visit your Unit’s Meeting to conduct your OA Elections. firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Unit Leaders must download the Youth Election Form & the Adult Nomination Form found on the District Website. http://tonkawadistrict.org/oa-membership-levels . Read down the page to find the forms.
- Have all the forms filled out before the Unit OA Election Meeting takes place. Make sure all the information is filled in. (Ex, BSA ID#, Full Name, BOB, Address, Phone#, E-Mails)
- A representative of the Chapter’s Unit Election Team or a Chapter Officer is required be present to conduct your Unit’s OA Election.
- You must have half of your Unit’s Chartered Youth membership present at the meeting at the time of the elections, or the elections will have to be rescheduled.
- After the election is over. The Unit Leader must email the Chapter Adviser a copy of all the forms signed and dated properly. Then the Chapter Adviser will submit the information to the Lodge.
If a unit leader wishes. The results can be announced directly after the time of the election if the unit does not want to go through a Call-Out Ceremony. That is at the discretion of the Unit Leader. A Call-Out Ceremony is a public unofficial ceremony to formally recognize those in your unit who were elected by their peers to be inducted into the OA at a later weekend. OA Call-Out for those who are elected into the OA will take place at the Closing Ceremonies during the District Spring Camporee. Call-Outs also take place at Summer Camps. Contact the Chapter Adviser if you are planning to travel Out Of Council for Summer Camp, & wish to take part in that Summer Camp’s OA Call-Out Ceremonies.
Riley Adams, OA Sachapiwak Chapter Vice Chief of Inductions